Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Last morning in Tokyo - suggestions? 2009/8/24 16:54
Anyone can suggest where I should visit/go on my last morning in Tokyo?

We have a 1330pm flight from Narita. So I think we should be in the airport by 1130am. Which means I have the morning free until 1030am.

Would it be feasible to visit Tsukiji in that time?

I intend to either stay near Tokyo station or near Shinagawa on my last night. Thanks for all your help!
by carps (guest)  

Tsukiji 2009/8/24 17:13
Provided you can get everything ready before you leave, I see no reason not to visit Tsukiji. Everyone says to get there as early as possible. We got there around 5.30am and that worked out fine. If you get there early enough you might be able to get into the little viewing area by the auction room. I don't know whether you'd be able to nab yourself some sashimi breakfast or not, but the market on its own is well worth seeing. Remember to wear footwear that suitable for wet, slippery surfaces and don't get run over by the little electric trucks.
by Ruth (guest) rate this post as useful

in addition 2009/8/24 17:14
Remember to check Tsukiji's home page to see whether the fish market is open on the day you are visiting.
by Ruth (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/8/24 17:34
Thanks Ruth.

If we get there just for a sushi breakfast, say around 8am, would it be too late or would the market still be busy?
by carps (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread