Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

where can i buy sakura trees 2009/8/26 00:51
just like the question...i have been googleing it and cant seem to find a japanese cherry blossom tree on any website...plus i was also wondering in what kind of weather are they not able to survive in? i live in the US mn and it does get really really cold here....any one please let me know thanks!!!
by dave (guest)  

sakura trees 2009/8/27 05:07
I could find several different types of sakura trees at garden centres in the UK: I bought a Kiku-shidare-sakura.
by Hoshisato rate this post as useful

Sakura trees 2009/8/27 05:12
It get cold in Japan and Canada too by the way...not just in the USA.
I live in South Western Canada and we have lots of cherry trees..... the local nurseries sell them... . .
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

hrms... 2009/8/27 07:17
ok so it seems that i can also grow in cold areas...so are these the same cherry trees that blossom in the spring like the ones in japan? anyways could one of you be so kind as to get me the website that sells it? thanks in advanced :)
by dave (guest) rate this post as useful

trees 2009/8/27 09:13
Google ornamental cherry trees. should find all the info you need.
by wds (guest) rate this post as useful

trees 2009/8/27 10:36
ok so it seems that i can also grow in cold areas...so are these the same cherry trees that blossom in the spring like the ones in japan?

Yes, they are most likely the Somei Yoshino variety which is the most prevalent around Japan and probably what you are thinking of. They are rather cold tolerant and may be ok in Minnesota.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prunus_%C3%97_yedoensis

However, trees are not something normally purchased online. Have you consulted your local nurseries? A good one in your area should be able to direct you to what you want.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread