Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

staying in Kiso Valley 2009/8/29 19:21
Is it essential to pre-book accommodation if visiting Kiso Valley, especially Tsumago or Magome? Is it possible to just arrive and find somewhere to stay? (will be visiting mid-September)
by Michael S (guest)  

... 2009/8/30 01:09
Most of the accommodations are small and family run. Many of them prefer to have advance notification because meals are included and might require advance preparations. As a result, they might not be able to accommodate you even if they have vacancies.

Of course, there is also the risk that they are booked out.

In other words: Advance reservations are highly recommended. At least half a day in advance.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Book beforehand 2009/8/30 09:24
I would pre book. I don't think it would be easy to just arrive and locate accomodation. In Tsumago for instance, it was hard to even recognise which places were ryokans. We had to take a taxi to our ryokan and the taxi driver pointed out the place. Without that I don't think we would have ever found it.
by Lg (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread