Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

whether in Hokkaido 2009/8/31 19:01
How is the weather in Hokkaido in end March-mid April? will it still snowing at this period of time? Will it be difficult to move around due to the slippery/dirty floor? Is icebreaking ship still available at this period(30/3)?
If I want to see snow(in Hokkaido) as well as cherry blosom (in Tokyo/Kyoto),can I make them in 29/3-10/4 ?

thanks for your advice.
by huang (guest)  

... 2009/8/31 19:09
How is the weather in Hokkaido in end March-mid April?

Hokkaido is a large island with mountains and valleys. The weather differs considerably between different regions and between different elevations.

In Sapporo, for example, the snow is usually disappearing in early April. But in higher elevations, you will still have lots of snow.

Is icebreaking ship still available at this period(30/3)?

I believe that cruises are operated through early April, but there is a high risk that there is no ice left.

If I want to see snow(in Hokkaido) as well as cherry blosom (in Tokyo/Kyoto),can I make them in 29/3-10/4 ?

No. Cherry blossoms do not usually arrive in Hokkaido until early May. You are one month too early.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread