Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

US clothes for a sz 11-9 J penpal? 2009/9/1 15:07
I will be going to Japan, and will be staying at her place.

She wears sz 11 tops, sz 9 bottoms in Japan. I wear sz XS-S and sz 4 tops, sz 4 curvy and sz 6 bottoms in usa. I went overboard buying clothes this yr so I am planning to give part of my loot to her when I meet her in Japan. Are my clothes likely going to fit her? We are both 1m65 and weigh around the same.
by Amanda (guest)  

... 2009/9/1 22:42
You have a good chance if you know that the two of you have about the same height and weight :) So all you can do is try - clothing size differs from one manufacturer to another (to some extent).

Maybe she's got broader shoulders than you do, or she prefers loose tops; for bottoms, Japanese women *generally* tend to have slimmer hips/thighs.
by AK rate this post as useful

Thanks AK! 2009/9/2 12:38
I just got to talk to her on skype. Just found out that she wears a bigger bra sz than I do. So the XS tops are not going to fit. Along with slimmer hips and thighs, I heard that most Asians are size 32A and the rest are not much bigger than that. I wonder how true that statement is?
by Amanda (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/9/2 13:11
I heard that most Asians are size 32A and the rest are not much bigger than that. I wonder how true that statement is?

Not quite true, as you've just found out and I know personally :) maybe it's simply better to drop the generalizations here :)

Size 11 is probably US size 6 - 8 (really depends on the cut and the material), so XS would be too small on her, that's true.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread