Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

10 Day Itinery for comments 2009/9/1 20:07
Hi. After much research (and all the good advice from this forum), i have knocked out an itinery. Would like if someone can comment and help me enrich my stay.

Day 1
Arrive in Narita (around 3pm), head to Tokyo on Nex and take Shinkansen to Shin-Osaka (reaching around 9:30pm). Check in and rest for the night.

Day 2
AM - Kaiyukan Aquarium
- Naniwa Food Theme Park

PM - Minami (Namba)
- Amerikamura
- Den Den Town
- Dotonburi

Night - Kita (Umeda)
- HEP
- Kitashinci

Day 3

AM - Kyoto
- Kiyomizundera Temple
- Fushimi Inari Shrine
- Tofukyi Temple

Around 1pm - Back to Osaka
- Osaka Castle

Night - Repeat Umeda (any suggestions here?)

Day 4
AM - Travel to Hiroshima
- Take ferry to Miyajima

PM (around 2pm) - Back to Hiroshima
- Peace Park + Museum

Night - Downtown Hiroshima
- Hondori Arcade

Day 5
AM - Mazda Museum
PM - No clue. Any suggestions appreciated.
Night - Just relax and look for good food.

Day 6
AM to early PM - Depart Hiroshima for Mishima. Drive from Mishima to Kawaguicko, fuji.

(are there any interesting side spots along the drive that i can stop over?)

Late PM - Drive to Bats cave, Ice cave, snap pictures of the granduer of fuji san ...

Night - What can one do at night in Kawaguchiko?

Day 7
AM - Depart for Gotemba Chelsea Outlets

PM - Depart outlets to Minshima and head towards Tokyo.

Day 8 - 10 (Tokyo)
Disneyland
Pokemom Center (anyone know where it is?)
etc....

Would appreciate any comments like too rush (crazy) or some places arent worth visiting or have i miss out any MUST visit place in the areas that i would be visiting. JR Pass should be worthwhile getting right?

I know this is a long mail but hope that the Japan guide community can help before i cast this itinery in stone and make all the accomodation bookings.

Thanks in advance.
Derek

by Derek (guest)  

just some input 2009/9/2 07:20
1)Try visit Kinkakuji Temple in Kyoto, well worth seeing.

2)Osaka castle will not consume more than 2 hours in my experience. Try the surrounding park and museums for more activity.

3)Be careful when going to miyajima. If taking the tram there be aware it takes 60 mins or so to get to ferry terminal and then and 60 mins return journey. Also the castle is in vicinity of Peace park so try not miss that photo op.

4)In regards more things to do in Osaka try these: Osaka Aquarium (Kaiyukan), Osaka Museum of History, or if you have the time make a detour to Kobe or Himeji

5)IMO try squeeze Hiroshima into one day, there isnt much else to see apart from what you've already listed

6)Stay away from Disneyland unless you can put up with 45 min queues for everything and being one of the only foreigners there(my friend and I where only foreigners there when i was there!!)
Also its not cheap, about €55 admission(5800yen or so) and to be honest its not worth it.

7)Pokemon centre has a new location. It is now Hamamatsu-chτ. Its quite small but worth a look.

8)Make sure you visit Odaiba. Plenty of fun things there.

My 2 cents, any more questions feel free to ask, all the advice is only based on my experiences in these places.

Paul
by eyesofvenus rate this post as useful

10 Intinery for comments 2009/9/2 13:10
Paul, thanks for the time and good advice.

Frankly, i was abit comprehensive abt Disneyland also since i just brought my kids to DisneyWorld in Florida last Nov.

What about Disney Sea, does it also take a whole day to enjoy it or half a day will do?

U also mentioned Odaiba, may i know whats there? Anything fun for kids?

If any one else has any more contributions, pls chip in.

Thanks
Derek
by Derek (guest) rate this post as useful

Edo's experience 2009/9/2 17:20
Miyajima is a nice place. Try staying there for a night if possible.

You may consider visiting the peace park and matsuda museum etc in the morning and early afternoon. Reach miyajima in late afternoon and stay there for a night.

I did that and I would definitely like to go back to miyajima.

Kyoto- Kinkakuji is a nice place. :)

Odaiba: there are ferris wheel, toyota car exhibition, fuji tv and onsen nearby.

be sure to try okonomiyaki and takoyaki in osaka and monjayaki in tokyo.
by Edo (guest) rate this post as useful

more input :D 2009/9/3 04:52
Sorry can't comment on Disney Sea as ive never been there but from what ive heard its very good and can take a whole day depending on the person.

You asked about Odaiba, well here's everything you need to know about it :D http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3008.html

Another interesting place maybe worth checking outhttp://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/arrange/attractions/amusement...

Any more q's just ask

Paul
by eyesofvenus rate this post as useful

reply to this thread