Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass 2009/9/2 04:05
I'm going to Japan next month, using JR Pass to travel a lot over there. Matsumoto is among the planned destinations, but Japan-guide.com doesn't specify if JR Pass can be uesd on the JR ltd express trains between Shinjuku and Matsumoto. Does this mean that
I have to pay extra for the fares?
Whatsmore, it's not clear wether some other routes, such as Osaka-Kobe or Osaka-kyoto, are covered by JR Pass either. I don't think of it quite helpful to travellers.
Does anyone have answers to this quesuon?
Appreciate your help!

Mark Guan
by MARK GUAN (guest)  

... 2009/9/2 10:57
The Japan Rail Pass fully covers the limited express trains between Shinjuku and Matsumoto.

it's not clear wether some other routes, such as Osaka-Kobe or Osaka-kyoto, are covered by JR Pass either.

The JR trains between Kyoto, Osaka and Kobe are covered (except nozomi shinkansen). The non-JR trains, such as Hankyu, Keihan and Hanshin are not.
by Uji rate this post as useful

THANK YOU 2009/9/2 14:24
Hi,Uji

Thank you very much for your answer. It is really helpful to my travel planning

My JP Pass is good for 21 days.I'm looking fofward to getting the best out of it

Thank you again

MG
by MARK GUAN (guest) rate this post as useful

JR Pass 2009/9/2 14:44
Mark, have you looked at the JR pass own site? it is pretty obvious that it is good only for JR trains! except the Nozomi.

Which rail company goes to which town where is also easy to find out by googling the town wikipedia info, also by checking the tab A-Z at the very top of the forum, then checking trains under transportation..
by Bright star (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread