Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

stay at Hakone-Yumoto or Gora? 2009/9/2 12:06
Will use the 2 days Hakone Freepass : Do the round-trip hakone couse on 1st day and go to Gotemba Premium Outlet thenext day.

Should I stay near Hakone-Yumoto or Gora? Looking for budget accomodation with attached bathroom. Thanks!
by yw (guest)  

... 2009/9/2 15:12
Gora is a convenient starting point for your trip to the outlet mall, but it is probably not so convenient as an end point of the round course, because it is located midway along the round course. Most locations around Hakone will be convenient as either but not as both.

Are you short of time on either or both days? If yes, I recommend to select a location accordingly.

As for accommodation, what is your budget?
by Uji rate this post as useful

stay at Hakone-Yumoto or Gora? 2009/9/2 22:21
I think I will over night at Hakone Yumoto.

Any place for 2 adults and one kid (9 yrs old) that abt 12000/night?

Do they have kid rate (no bed)?
by yw (guest) rate this post as useful

Child pay adult price? 2009/9/2 22:29
Uji san,

Thanks for yr reply. You have advise me to stay at kappa near Yumoto Station before. But did they charge the kid as adult price? Should I book a room for 2 or 3 person?
by yw (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/9/2 22:35
I don't know how the English booking site is structured, but in the Japanese website, they say kid's rate is 1,000 yen lower than an adult's.

http://www.kappa1059.co.jp/
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread