Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to transit/transfer train? 2009/9/2 15:54
Hi Uji,

On 4th Oct 09, i'll be making a trip to Kinosaki Onsen from Kyoto. Accordingto Hyperdia.com web, i'll need to transit from LTD.EXP KITAKINKI to LTD.EXPHASHIDATE at FUKUCHIYAMA Station.

How do i transit at FUKUCHIYAMA Station? Do i come out from LTD.EXP KITAKINKI train and wait for the next train at the same platform? Or i need to cross opposite platform to catch LTD.EXP HASHIDATE train?

Coz according to Hyperdia, i only got 1min to transfer which freak me out
by normality78  

... 2009/9/2 16:47
First of all, note that there are a few direct train connections between Kyoto and Kinosaki Onsen, that do not require a transfer. They are listed below:
http://grace.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi?H_CM...

If you prefer to travel via Fukuchiyama, I am pretty sure that the transfer involves nothing but a few steps over the platform to the train on the opposite track. If the transfer were impossible, it would not be listed by Hyperdia.
by Uji rate this post as useful

3-5 trips only 2009/9/2 18:09
Hi Uji,
From what i've checked, only Kinosaki Ltd Exp have direct train from kyoto to Kinosaki. But in a day, it only have 3-5 trips which the timing wasnt in favour.

Earliest Kinosaki ltd Exp train leave Kyoto at 11.25am and reach Kinosaki at 1.52pm. And the last direct train from Kinosaki was 4.14pm which means i only got 2 hours spend in Kinosaki.

Hence either going or return trip, i might need to take a transit train if i miss the Kinosaki Ltd Exp direct train

I check on google earth, Fukuchiyama station seems have 4 rails track. So im not sure it is as simple as crossing over platform, thats lead me posting here to find out
by normality78 rate this post as useful

?? 2009/9/2 19:11
You are not staying overnight in Kinosaki to enjoy the wonderful hot springs there?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Ltd. Express Tamba.... 2009/9/2 19:30
When do you come back to Kyoto at latest? Why don't you lodge in Kinosaki district for one night?

: i'll be making a trip to Kinosaki Onsen from Kyoto.
: i'll need to transit from LTD.EXP KITAKINKI to LTD.EXPHASHIDATE at FUKUCHIYAMA Station.

Quite the reverse! Hashidate from Kyoto, then Kitakinki to Kinosaki Onsen.

How about taking Ltd. Express Tamba #1 (destined to Fukuchiyama) from Kyoto?
- Tamba #1 is scheduled to depart from Kyoto at 08:59 and reach Fukuchiyama at 10:24.
- If it's not delayed, you have about 20 minutes at Fukuchiyama before Kitakinki # 3 leaves at 10:48. (Don't get out through the gate here.)
- At departure Tamba #1 is connected to another Ltd. Express which does not go to Fukuchiyama. Be sure to get on the correct car.

: Do i come out from train and wait for the next train at the same platform?

Before your Hashidate #1 / #3 arrives, your next train Kitakinki # 3 / #5 has already arrived at Fukuchiyama, probably at the other track of the same platform.

Anyway, if you reserve your seat in your first train (Tamba / Kitakinki), then its conductor must notice in checking tickets that you have to make a transfer at Fukuchiyama.

: I check on google earth, Fukuchiyama station seems have 4 rails track.

No. There are 5 tracks in Fukuchiyama Sta., not including 2 other tracks of another company called KTR for short.

//

by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread