Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Need advises for Hokkaido Trip On Dec 2009/9/2 16:17
Hi,

I'm gg to hokkaido in coming dec, i would like to cover the places below
1) Sapporo
2) Niseko
3) Noboribetsu
4) Otaru
5) Hakodate

i will take the domestic flight from Tokyo Narita Airport to Hokkaido Chitose airport as well as returning from Hokkaido Chitose Airport back to Tokyo Narita Airport.

Question:
1) What is the best place to start with and end with? so that i save the travel time.
2) Among those places that i listed above(Sapporo, Niseko, Noboribetsu, Otaru, Hakodate), Where should i stay? i don mind moving a few hotels during my stay in hokkaiko.

P/S: If you guys haf any fun and interesting places that i miss out, please recommend

Dozo yoroshiku Onegai-Itashimasu

by Enne  

... 2009/9/2 16:58
I would consider flying into Chitose, but to leave Hokkaido through Hakodate Airport (or the other way around).

There are no direct flights between Hakodate and Narita, only between Hakodate and Haneda. But the transfer between Haneda and Narita is considerably shorter and cheaper (75 minutes, 3000 yen) than the train ride between Hakodate and Chitose Airport (200 minutes, 8000 yen).

What is the best place to start with and end with?

In case of Chitose-Chitose I suggest:
Chitose - (train) - Sapporo - (train) - Otaru - (train) - Niseko - (train) - Hakodate - (train) - Noboribetsu - (train or bus) - Chitose (or the other way around)

In case of Chitose-Hakodate I suggest:
Chitose - (bus) - Niseko - (train) - Otaru - (train) - Sapporo - (train or bus - some hotels offer a free shuttle) - Noboribetsu - (train) - Hakodate (or the other way around)

Where should i stay?

It also depends on your interests and plans, but I recommend to stay at least one night in Sapporo, at least one night in Niseko, one night in Noboribetsu and at least one night in Hakodate.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Need advises for Hokkaido Trip On Dec 2009/9/2 17:29
Hi Dear Uji,

Thank you v much for your advices.

Due to the reason i'm buying company discounted ticket, i can only arrive and depart at chitose airport and back to tokyo.

After looking at your suggestion, i haf better idea abt my itinery.
Would like ask you a few more qns before i plan my itinery:

1) wat is the distance between these places? how many hours:
-Chitose to sapporo?
-Chitose to Noboribetsu?
-Niseko to Hokodate?

I have two idea about my itinery, would need some advice from you which one is better.

First Itinery:
Chitose - sapporo (Stay 2 night) - otaru - niseko (stay a night) - Hakodate (stay a night) - Noboribetsu (stay a night) - chitose

Second Itinery:
Chitose - Noboribetsu (stay a night) - Hokodate (stay a night) - Niseko ( stay a night) - sapporo (stay a night) - otaru - Chitose

Thank you v much for your guidance

by Enne rate this post as useful

reply to this thread