Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

embarassed at onsen but not for nudity 2009/9/2 16:54
I want to go to an onsen but am embarassed, not to be naked but because i am very hairy on my chest and shoulders, even some on my back. I believe most Japanese are very smooth. I am afraid I may be stared at because of this as I heard they dont like this. Should I still try onsen or will I be looked upon with unpleasantness? I'd rather not go if its uncomfortable.
by nicholas (guest)  

. 2009/9/3 00:02
Believe it or not and like it or not, there are many hairy Japanese men. Stand tall and try not to feel embarasses.
by Ikuyo Kuruyo (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/9/3 00:54
no problem

Enjoy Onsen!
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Embarrassed 2009/9/4 10:05
I am bald on top. In crowds I would be the only one with skin on top in a sea of black hair. Occasionally I was stared at. At onsens I noticed all types of Japanese men, some with legs hairier than mine and some with more chest hair. Don't worry about it, just smile and say hello.
by Steve (guest) rate this post as useful

bald and hairy 2009/9/4 14:26
Geez! there are lots of bald Japanese men too! the hairier men are the most likely that they are balding as well.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread