Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

suggestions for my travel itinerary 2009/9/3 10:57
Hello, these are my plans for October 20-27, first time in Japan, does anyone have comments or suggestions please.

Arrive late Tuesday night, go straight to bed.
Wednesday, all day in Tokyo, just general sightseeing,
Thursday morning, travel to Hiroshima, Thursday afternoon Miyajima.
Friday morning, Hiroshima peace park, aftermoon travel back to Tokyo
Saturday morning, travel to Sendai and Matsushima
Sunday morning sleep in, and the afternoon is of course Yoyogi park
Monday morning, the Tsukiji fish markets early, then all day in Nikko.
Tuesday morning go to Kamakura, Tuesday afternoon last minute shopping and then fly out Tuesday evening

My questions are
Should I go to Fukuoka as its only an hour from Hiroshima?
I could go Thursday night in which case does it have better night life than Hirsoshima?
Or should I go the next morning instead, that is if there's something to see?

Also Sendai is only 90 minutes from Tokyo. Allowing 1 hour return trip to Matsushima, one hour on a boat ride, and another hour just wandering aimlessly
That still only takes me to lunchtime. Should I go to Morioka only 40 minutes by train or Hachinohe, another 1/2 hour, even Aomori - or somwhere in between for the afternoon
What is there to see up there for an afternoon?

I must point out I love the Shinkansen and donft mind time on a train that fast.

I would really like to see a formal rock and sand type garden. Are there any that fits in with my plans?
dates of travel October 20-27, are there any festivals on at that time?
If you read all this, thankyou
by nicholas (guest)  

... 2009/9/3 16:24
Kyoto?
by Hikari365 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread