Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What american brands do Japanese like? 2009/9/4 22:11
I will be staying at a friend's place in Japan. We got to know each other during a study abroad program 3 years ago. Haven't seen her in a long time, but strangely enough we have gotten closer through exchanging letters and e-mails.

She's size 13 in Japan and has told me several times that it is very hard for her to find hip clothing her size. Based on her measurements, she seems to be a US size 8-9 which all hip stores here carry... so now I am confused as I have too many to choose from. What american brands do Japanese women in their early twenties like?

Are there not many young women who are a size 13 in Japan?

Thanks!
by Christine (guest)  

Based on her style of clothing...? 2009/9/6 20:44
Maybe you can send her links to some American websites and ask her to pick out some things she might like.

Does she like cute style or sophisticated style?
by MN (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you for suggestion MN 2009/9/13 17:20
Followed your suggestion! At first I thought of surprising her but after 2nd thought it may not be a good idea.

BTW: Is sz 13 in Japan (US 8-9) really considered plus size? or is she just exaggerating?
by Christine (guest) rate this post as useful

(forgot to answer) 2009/9/13 17:26
She seems to be liking sophisticated more now that she has started working... so I have bought stuff from Express and White House/Black Market.
by Christine (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread