Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

charging camera battery in Japan? 2009/9/7 06:44
Hi everyone, basically i'm just wondering if i'll be ok charging my digital camera battery in Tokyo/Kyoto...

on the charging unit is says 100-240 V and 50/60 Hz, using a socket converter since im from UK, will i damage my battery due to difference in V etc.

Sorry if this is a completely moronic question to ask, but not clued up on this stuff.
by Beaumont  

charging 2009/9/7 11:05
on the charging unit is says 100-240 V and 50/60 Hz, using a socket converter since im from UK, will i damage my battery due to difference in V etc.

No problem, the 100-240 volts means it accepts voltages between 100-240 volts and will convert it to the proper voltage for charging.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

cheers 2009/9/7 16:48
Thanks alot for getting back to me, much appreciated!
by beau (guest) rate this post as useful

adaptors 2009/9/9 07:01
don't forget you'll need an adaptor for the Japanese sockets
by fmj rate this post as useful

Battery charger 2009/9/9 12:21
Hi
When I was in Osaka 2 years ago with my Nikon
I had same problem and I went to a major
store with lady friend and the guy behind counter gave me a power lead from wall socket to charge unit like yours.
Price was 1000 yen and it worked fine for me.
I'm from NZ so my power lead is rated 240 v
so buying a Japanese one did the job.
by Small town boy rate this post as useful

Read the question 2009/9/9 12:32
Small town boy,

I had same problem...

The OP does not gave a problem, since he/she already has a charger compatible with 100-240 V mains voltage, which means it will be fine in Japan (100 V).
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/9/9 12:48
...and has mentioned that they already have a plug adapter.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread