Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Traveling with 2 1/2 year old daughter 2009/9/11 18:31
Hi,

I am looking forward to my trip to Japan this month! I have some questions:

-I will be traveling with my 2 1/2 year old daughter who is not quite fully potty trained. Should I just put her in diapers during our trip? or should she just wear panties? is it acceptable for her to pee along the roadside if she has instant urges? I know 2 1/2 is a little old to still be in diapers.
by youngmom (guest)  

maybe nowhere to go 2009/9/11 18:55
It's not something I've ever seen a child doing here, and what will you do if you are on a train or in a big station, or a busy shopping area? Small children don't wear split pants here like they do in China, and in the cities people even carry squirt bottles of water to clean up after their dog pees at the side of the road, if that gives you some idea. I have seen children here past the age of 2 and a half still in diapers, by the way, not unusual at all.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

diapers 2009/9/12 02:52
I was thinking of several bringing plastic bags in case she needs to pee urgently in places such as malls and trains. But I think it will still be troublesome. She is not potty trained at all when sleeping!

My son was barely 2 when he was potty trained. I find it strange that my daughter is behind my son in terms of potty training considering she is more verbal (she speaks clear, complete sentences) and much more well-behaved than he was at the same age. Well, I asked her whether she wants to wear diapers or undies in Japan, and she said gdiapersh because gsometimes I don't feel it comingh.

Sira: Thanks for letting me know it's not acceptable to pee in the open public. We have decided that she will be wearing diapers so we won't have too many unnecessary worries.
by youngmom (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/9/12 04:18
It is not unusual at all for a 2 1/2 year old child to be not potty trianed yet. Each child developes differently and it is nothing to do with one's behaviors and intelligence. I am glad you decided to bring diapers. It is practical and convenient. Also she won't have to feel bad about having an accident in public in an unfamiliar country. Enjoy your trip.
by Ikuyo Kuruyo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread