Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

PC phrases help? 2009/9/12 07:25
I bought a 220 Gb portable hard disc yesterday, but have problems getting it to work. I have to return it to the store, but could someone help with an explanation along the lines of...

"I bought this Friday, but there seems to be a problem. It's icon takes a long, long time to appear in the My Computer box. When I try to copy files to the disc, it shuts down and disappears off my desktop. Also, it freezes my computer."

Thanks!!
by Ann (guest)  

print out this 2009/9/12 13:02
私はこのHDを金曜に買いました。しかしそのHDは問題があるように思えます。マイコンピュータに現れるまでに長い時間がかかります。私がファイルをディスクへコピーしようとすると、cancelされマイコンピュータから消えます。またそれは私のコンピュータをフリーズさせます。

I translate your comment.
If you want to change another one,
you should go with receipt of HD.

Hope your help.
by frog (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank You! 2009/9/12 15:01
frog

Thank you very much for that!

I got most of it, but some of the Kanji escapes me. Could I impose on you to re-post showing the kanji + hiragana, so I can be sure of reading (speaking) it correctly?

Arigatou
by Ann (guest) rate this post as useful

Only one 2009/9/12 15:09
マイコンピュータに現れる

Actually, frog, it's only this kanji I'm stuck on...

Don't mean to butt in, but 2009/9/12 15:11
マイコンピュータに 現れる the last part is "arawareru," to (literally) appear.

I might suggest, though:
マイコンピュータに 侮ヲされる "hyouji sareru," meaning "to get displayed."
by AK rate this post as useful

re 2009/9/12 22:17
Sorry for rate reply and thanks for your good suggest,AK.

I hope you change HD.
by frog (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank! 2009/9/12 22:48
frog and AK

Thank you. I'm sure I can sort out this problem now, thanks to your kind help.

Hiragana megane 2009/9/13 01:33
You may use http://www.hiragana.jp for viewing furigana on the Internet pages you have a problem with. Just copy a link...
by Alena (guest) rate this post as useful

RE: PC phrases help? 2009/9/13 04:42
I think one of the causes may exist on your computer side; the trouble suggests that your computer does not recognize the outer hard disk properly.
I recommend that you ask a shop clerk to check whether it is accepted by his/her computer (in good conditions) before you return it, and if you exchange it for a new one, do the same regarding the new one.

//
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/9/13 08:31
Alena
Thanks for that link. Very useful.

Omotenashi
Yes, I'll do that. In fact I'll take my laptop to the store with me so we can try it out.

By the way, my laptop is English OS XP, but that shouldn't be a reason for the problem, I guess, since I use the same IO-Data external HD 1TB with no problem?

reply to this thread