Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Takayama & Hida Furukawa 2009/9/14 22:47
Hi, I am planning to visit Takayama & Hida Furukawa on a Sunday. Please advise if this is a good idea. Will the town be too quiet, all shops closed?

We are planning to visit Takayama first then Hida Furukawa. Please kindly advise how to get to Hida Furukawa from Takayama Other than JR trains as the schedules are quite far apart.

Should we do just Takayama OR Hida Furukawa or both?
Thank you
by piper (guest)  

. 2009/9/15 11:18
Nohi Bus to Furukawa from Takayama

‚ŽR”Z”òƒoƒXƒZƒ“ƒ^[ Takayama Nohi bus center (in front of JR Takayama stn)
ŒÃì‰w‘O Furukawa Stn

Timetable: http://www.nouhibus.co.jp/jikoku_pdf/090401k_kamioka.pdf

Pricing info: http://www.nouhibus.co.jp/untin_pdf/20090401t_kamioka_furukawa.pdf
by Amelia (guest) rate this post as useful

Takayama has enough for a full day 2009/9/19 03:26
Should we do just Takayama OR Hida Furukawa or both?

If you not staying in Takayama, you're going to spend a lot of time getting there and away, so that's going to cut into the amount you can see. I think there's enough to see in Takayama to just stay there for the day, especially if you walk around the markets, the old town, and the temple areas. Add in a few museums and you have a full day. If you take in Hida-no-Sato Minzoku-mura to the west of the station, you would be hard pressed to cover it all in a day.

Everything should be open on a Sunday. Some museums are closed on Monday.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2009/9/19 10:52
First of all, Takayama has enough attractions to keep you busy for an entire day. If you have just one day, I recommend to skip Furukawa. This would be even more true in case you are not planning to stay overnight in the area.

I am planning to visit Takayama & Hida Furukawa on a Sunday. Please advise if this is a good idea. Will the town be too quiet, all shops closed?

To the opposite! Weekends is the time when the towns are most lively. During the week, few people can afford to travel. All shops and tourist attractions will be open.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread