Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Certain American Soaps Available? 2009/9/22 10:25
Hello and thank you for reading. I have very sensitive skin and eczema. I usually use dove and dial soaps for my skin. Are these products available in Japan??? Is hydrocortizone also available as well as in a grocery store???
by TLadyLee  

... 2009/9/22 14:48
Dove in its Japanese version is widely available here. Dial is availalbe through online/mail-order stores (Japanese websites) but you don't see them that much in drugstores - you might have to try Tomod's American Pharmacy - there are several locations in Tokyo.

Someone else asked about hydrocortisone here before, but I have not been able to locate any definite answer on this.
by AK rate this post as useful

not in supermerkets 2009/9/22 22:50
Hydrocortisone is definitely not available in supermarkets, and you may need a prescription. Is it available in supermarkets in your country? It's a pharmacy-only medicine that requires a consultation with a pharmacist in my country (NZ)- I can't believe it would be available so freely anywhere.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

soap 2009/9/23 00:53

Not too helpful, but I also have sensitive skin and have used glycerine soaps for years; you can get them at The Body Shop easily in Japan.

Hydrocortisone in fairly low concentration creams and ointments is readily available in the U.S.; there are stronger forms available by prescription. Can't say for Japan.
by Spendthrift (guest) rate this post as useful

hydrocortizone 2009/9/23 08:41
That was me that asked about hydorcortizone in the past and I never found a difiniteve answer and ended up getting some from home so I stopped looking. Here's what I found out though.

Hydrocortisone is definitely not available in supermarkets, and you may need a prescription.

Right, supermarkets and convenience stores don't appear to be licensed to sell drugs (unlike in the US for example) so they won't carry things like aspirin or hydrocortizone cream. Try a drug store instead. Also, look into the cream type muhi. I suspect they may work similar to hydrocortizone cream for eczema, however I never checked to see if they actually contained hydrocortizone.

Is it available in supermarkets in your country? It's a pharmacy-only medicine that requires a consultation with a pharmacist in my country (NZ)- I can't believe it would be available so freely anywhere.

As mentioned, in the US it is as readily available as muhi is in Japan. I believe the maximum nonprescription strength is 1%. Higher concentrations are available by prescription.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

okkk thank you and certain drugs??? 2009/9/23 11:09
yeah they do sell it in supermarkets but it's only 1%, it's the highest they can sell on a shelf.... anything higher will have to be prescribed by a doctor...... so does tylenol and Ibuprofen have to be prescribed by a doctor also??? what about menstrual cramps pills like Midol???

I only use these kinds of drugs just in case of a headache or Menstrual cramps, I barely get sick so I don't care about too many drugs...these are the only ones I actually use...!!!!
by TLadyLee rate this post as useful

tylenol is here 2009/9/23 11:35
You will find Tylenol available OTC under that name in many pharmacies. I don't know about ibuprofen as I don't take it.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

ibuprofen 2009/9/23 11:53
Medicine for headache or Menstrual cramps containing ibuprofen is readily available at any drug store. They do commercials on TV.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Thankkkkkkk youuuu!!! 2009/9/23 12:09
ok thank you sooo much you guys have been very useful for me, once again I thank you guys very much....
by TLadyLee rate this post as useful

reply to this thread