Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

I need a simple kanji learning software 2009/9/28 03:33
Hi,

I want a simple kanji learning software that works like this:

I begin by inputting all the individual kanji that I know (probably in a text file or something). Then the program creates a database of all the words and compounds that use those kanji. When I start the flashcard part of the program, I want it to simply display either a kanji word, phrase, or compound OR a kanji word, phrase, or compound reading in kana. At that point, I want to have the option to display the English or Japanese meaning or definition of the word, phrase, or compound. Then I click next or something like that and the program will display a new kanji word, phrase, or compound OR kanji word, phrase, or compound reading in kana.

Is there *any* program out there that lets me do this? I'd make my own, but it would take a lot of time, and I'd have to learn a lot about the Windows API, how to display Japanese characters, using databases, etc. etc. I'm not sure if it would be worth my time to create it.
by Josh7289  

... 2009/9/28 14:01
http://smart.fm/
try it
by mitch (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread