Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Love Hotels as a Tourist? 2009/10/2 17:10
Hi, my partner and I wish to experience and stay (not rest) at a love hotel in Shinjuku/Shibuya area but have some worries that hopefully some people can address.

1. We intend to stay on a Saturday, will we be able to find a room?
2. As we are carrying luggages will we be disallowed entry in most?
3. Understand rooms for stay only appear after 9-10pm. How do you book if we decide to rest (7-10) and then stay (till next day?)
4. Are foreigners in general not welcome?

I believe these are some of the questions tourists face, but these love hotels are one of a kind a Japan! Thanks!
by sim (guest)  

Love hotels 2009/10/2 19:38
Sim,

1. We intend to stay on a Saturday, will we be able to find a room?

Probably, although many will be full at weekends and especially late at night.
If you can choose a weekday instead, it might save you having to traipse from hotel to hotel late at night with suitcases in search of vacancies.

2. As we are carrying luggages will we be disallowed entry in most?

I don't think that will be a problem.

3. Understand rooms for stay only appear after 9-10pm. How do you book if we decide to rest (7-10) and then stay (till next day?)

I think some places let you pay the short-stay rate until the overnight stay period starts, but it varies from place to place, and you might have to expain that at the check-in counter (if there is one) or on the phone when they call to ask why you aren't checking out after your 3 hours has elapsed.

4. Are foreigners in general not welcome?

No, I don't think that is true at all, but some may not be so welcoming to people who do not understand Japanese, and I have seen several that state this explicitly in their information packs.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

luggage deposit? 2009/10/2 22:30
Thanks! Well we have no choice because that's our last night in Tokyo - Saturday.

When you say full what's your estimate on the probability? You mean like what 90% of rooms are booked? Compared to 70% that would be scary. Was thinking of depositing our luggage overnight at the train station so it's ok to hop about, what do you think?
by sim (guest) rate this post as useful

Love hotels 2009/10/3 09:43
Sim,

It's hard to say, but Saturday night is the busiest time of the week, so, in popular areas like Shinjuku or Shibuya, you might find you have to visit two or three places before you find one with vacancies. I think leaving large suitcases at the station would be a good idea.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/10/3 12:01
Just remember that most don't have a key so if you leave, you are out for the night unless you want to pay again. Bring food and drinks with you if needed.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

luggages 2009/10/3 16:23
there are no left-lluggage nere Shinjyuku or Shibuya,so you have to look for big coin-lockers.Sat lockers are busiest too.
i think you can keep room from evening if you pay twice.ask front first.

by tacochu (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread