Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Surutto expiry 2009/10/4 20:58
So I was going through the remnants of my trip and found my 2 Surutto cards. For reasons that are far too dull to go into, they both have several hundred yen on them, in total around 2200 yen is going a-begging. Any chance the expiry date of these cards is comparable to the 10 years of the Suica? I can't find anything online about it.
by mgal  

Surutto 2009/10/5 11:12
mgal,

The Surutto cards are magnetic farecards, which I believe are still available and valid in the Kansai area. Unlike the Suica IC cards, there is no explicit expiry date, but if the situation with the discontinued IO and Passnet cards in the Tokyo is anything to go by, it is likely to be discontinued in the not too distant future, with refunds available for several years after that date. I think 10 years would be a bit optimistic.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/10/5 16:30
Thanks, Dave. I hope to get back to Japan long before 10 years is up, 5 or 6 maybe. Just good to know that I may not need to throw away good money.
by mgal rate this post as useful

reply to this thread