Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to check in/out a Love Hotel? 2009/10/5 11:23
My boyfriend and I are going to Japan in late Nov for 2 weeks. We heard that Love Hotels are normally cheaper for stay. However, neither of us speak Japaneses (though we can understand some of the characters as we understand Chinese). Will this be a big problem for us? I heard that most of the hotels do not have receoptions. But do we need to talk to/phone any staff when we check in/out?

Also, I checked out some websites of these Hotels and does the rate listed include any service charges or tax?

http://www.angelo-jp.com/index.html

Cheers
by zuzumage  

Love hotel 2009/10/5 12:51
Hi, generally with love hotels, you will go into the place and see screens with pictures of rooms and the lit ones are the ones available, some places have an automated system where you just press for which one you would like and then go to the room and pay within the room, others you will have to go to the reception and pay there and also receive the key.
Love hotels are more expensive at weekends and generally you will have to checkout between 11-12 noon. Or if you just wanted to experience a love hotel then you can pay to stay for just three hours. All taxes and service charges are included in the price.
Hope this helps.
Koinu & Koneko
by K oinu & Koneko (guest) rate this post as useful

Love is in the air ... 2009/10/6 04:57
As far as I know Love hotels are MORE expensive than regular average hotels as you don't rent the room for 24hrs but for 2 to 6 hrs only, at the most (the average user isn't going there to sleep!)
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

love hotels 2009/10/6 12:18
As far as I know Love hotels are MORE expensive than regular average hotels as you don't rent the room for 24hrs but for 2 to 6 hrs only, at the most (the average user isn't going there to sleep!)

That is correct if you are counting on a per hour basis, however most love hotels offer at least 2 prices. One for a short stay (2-3 hours) and one for an overnight stay (beginning after 10 or even later). If you are planning on staying the night, then the love hotel can be quite a bit more cost efficient, especially considering that you would have to compare it to a double occupancy hotel room.

more info here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2031.html

by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Thanks 2009/10/6 14:18
Thanks for the advice. They are very useful.

Just wondering if anyone has any recommondation for Love Hotels or Love Hotel districts in Kyoto and Hiroshima

Cheers
by zuzumage rate this post as useful

Keep in mind 2009/10/6 15:04
Just keep in mind that most, if not all, love hotels don't allow you to come and go as you please. Once you check in, then the next time you leave will be your (automatic) check out, whether it be an hour later or the next morning. I am not sure if every love hotel is like this, but I am pretty sure.
by Smoke (guest) rate this post as useful

hostels 2009/10/7 06:36
Smoke makes a good point. You would have to find a locker or your suitcase first thing in the morning then wait until the evening to go back to that hotel or another one! why not try a hostel! many are cheap and give you the freedom to come and go.
by Monkey see (guest) rate this post as useful

Love Hotel 2009/10/7 06:55
Check out this blog entry describing the check-in process of a love hotel:

http://goinglocoinyokohama.wordpress.com/2009/03/15/white-night-at-a-y...

Part 2 talks about the room:

http://goinglocoinyokohama.wordpress.com/2009/03/17/white-night-at-a-y...

Probably won't answer all your questions, but it's a really interesting read.
by Jerry (guest) rate this post as useful

love hotels 2009/10/7 10:46
zuzumage,

is the point to experience the love hotel or to get cheap accommodation. If it is the latter then there are cheaper options even to love hotels as people have suggested. Personally, I would only consider the love hotel option if either you are interested in the experience, or if you will be out late and only need a room for a relatively short time. Other low cost options you may want to consider are hostels, manga kissa, internet cafes, capsule hotels, all night spas.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread