Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reusing student visa 2009/10/17 15:27
A couple of years ago I studied one year at a Japanese university. At the time they gave me a student visa that lasted for 5 years and has multiple re-entries. Could I use it again if I went back to Japan? If I could, is there some sort of condition that I would have to attend the same school again?
by baby cakes (guest)  

Visa Not Prerequisite To Visit 2009/10/18 11:22
Depending on your citizenship. Check this link to determine.

http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/02.html#a
by stanfordgal rate this post as useful

student visa 2009/10/18 11:39
...but it is a requirement to study.

Baby cakes,

Is it your intention to return to Japan in order to study or do you intend just to travel?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2009/10/18 12:41
According to my knowledge there is no such thing as a 5 year visa. Japanese visas currently come for maximum durations of only 3 years. In any case, if the expiration dates of your status of residence sticker and re-entry sticker are still future dates, you should be able to re-enter Japan with them. Assuming, of course, you have not violated any laws in the meantime.
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2009/10/18 13:00
That's right, I don't know of any 5 year visas, most are valid up to three years, any case, what does the landing permission in your passport say the expiration date is? It should be a small orange/or grey sticker that says LANDING PERMISSION, then your re-entry permit should be valid up to the expiration date of your landing permission.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread