Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

name change, visa, etc. 2009/10/27 15:06
hi! i'm going to get married to my japanese fiancee on the first week of december 2009. however, a business trip to the us and mexico in the end of february 2010 just came up this month and i'm having problems how to go about all the procedures (marriage, passport amendment, visa application since i need one for each country) for such a short time. is there anyone out there who could share some insights about my problem? thanks a lot!
by ella (guest)  

Your problem 2009/10/27 17:31
Did you just consider waiting to change your name? Rather than go through all the paperwork immediately, my wife kept her maiden name for the time being and her passport and identification, etc all bear her maiden name. No problem travelling on her maiden name. Change it when you can.
by AKi (guest) rate this post as useful

Why all at once? 2009/10/27 17:32
You don't have to get your name and passport changed right away- I didn't change mine for more than a year after I got married, and it was quite a time-consuming process. I also didn't change my working visa to a spouse visa for about 6 months after I got married, as I was busy with other things and there didn't seem to be any hurry to change.

Must you do it all at once? You don't say what country you are now in or what your current visa status is if you are in Japan, so that makes it harder to answer you accurately.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread