Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Expenses 2009/10/28 16:49
Hello, I was wondering if 80,000yen is enough for shopping for 2 weeks in Kyoto and Tokyo.

80k yen is after deducting accommodations, JR Pass, additional transport, entrance fees and food (estimates).

I want to buy snacks, food products and some souvenirs, will it be enough? As in, is it more than enough or its too little? As I have no idea how much those cost in Japan, a little assurance will be great!

Thanks!
by kat (guest)  

.. 2009/10/28 17:56
Would help if you can tell exactly what kinda food products/snacks/souvenirs you intend to buy, but 80k should be more than enough for food/snacks/cheap souvenirs.
by Shiroi Koibito rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2009/10/28 18:26
The snacks/food products I meant are those sweets, rice crackers, and weird, unique food/drinks which I can't get from my home country. As well as Green tea and green tea products.

Thanks for the reply, I guess I should be fine with that amount. :)
by kat (guest) rate this post as useful

.. 2009/10/28 18:48
For Japanese sweets you should go to Kawagoe, there are about 10 shops selling Japanese sweets, one pack is around 250-500 yen. Rice crackers can be bought for 200-300 yen, Green Tea (50 tea bags) will average 1-2k yen in department stores, if you're looking for the tinned version then be prepared to fork out much more.

.. 2009/10/28 20:00
Oh, you might wanna pick up a few bottles of Ramune if you visit any touristy places such as popular temples etc, there's bound to be one or two shops nearby selling a weirdly shaped drink bottle with a marble for a cap. Comes in different flavors, there's also wasabi and curry flavors, if you're keen to try it out.

Thanks! 2009/10/30 14:14
Thanks for the prices, it helps. Ya, I'm planning to go Kawagoe to shop for the sweets. Any chance I can get those at Ameyoko as well? I read that it might be over-priced at tourist places.

Wasabi and curry flavored drinks are sure weird! haha

Thanks again! :)
by kat (guest) rate this post as useful

more than enough 2009/11/2 13:12
80k is more than enough to buy snack products. Cheap chocolates and other snacks are also available in Ameyoko.
by myst (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread