Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shipping to japan from UK. Cheapest? 2009/10/29 09:47
United Kingdom
hello!

I would like to send a parcel to my partner in Japan from the U.K, but the prices are extremely... expensive!
I don't know the best courier to use, and was just wondering whether any of you had experience with a particular name which happened to be relatively cheap...

I recieved a parcel from her a month ago, and it was only 50 - prices i've been getting are triple this. Why is shipping from Japan so cheap, but TO so expensive?

By cheap, I'm hoping under 100 ($164.11).
Due to current finances i'm very very low on funds, so any help would be MOST appreciated!

Chris.
by Chris (guest)  

. 2009/10/29 11:43
by mitch (guest) rate this post as useful

to Chris 2009/10/29 11:53
Without knowing what you want to send to Japan (size and weight of the parcel) and where you got the quotation, it is hard to answer your question properly...

Was the parcel you received from Japan is the same size/weight as what you intend to send to Japan? (Otherwise it's difficult to make comparison.)

Sending a parcel from Japan by Japan Post (Air parcel) is comperatively cheap, EMS (service carried out by Japan Post) is more expensive and using other courier services such as DHL and FedEx is really expensive.

Maybe you can check with alternative agent/service to send something to Japan?
by magonote rate this post as useful

reply to this thread