Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Student visa without a school? 2009/10/30 04:19
I seperated from the military, but I wanted to return to Japan to finish the school that I was enrolled in. It's located on a military base, but as a student, I will be allowed on base to just go to school and leave.

The only problem is, I don't know how I'll be permitted to live in Japan long-term. I thought about a student visa, but can I apply for one if the school doesn't offer visa support? In the application, can I just say, "I'm going to this school full-time?"
by GC3K  

You need a school 2009/10/30 11:52
No, you must have a school to sponsor you and confirm that you are going to classes.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

There is no free lunch 2009/10/30 17:10
You will have to provide an evidence that you are already enrolled to school and payed a tuition fee for the first year. I am afraid your words "I'm going to this school full-time" will not work....
by Hello kitty (guest) rate this post as useful

You Have The Time 2009/10/31 00:27
GC3K,

My father's friend work for the Consulate General of Japan in San Francisco, and was told that (1) go to Japan per the 90 days visa waived as a tourist, (2) enroll in the full-time language course at the base, (3) secure a letter of proof from the military (along with all the proof showing the past language courses,and the letter need to state the length of the course is and what certificate or degree program it is, and have that letter interpreted to Japanese and (4) have the military school forward it to the Ministry with a letter of sponsorship and your application for change in visa status,along with (6) a bank account statement proving you have the savings to sustain you in Japan for that length of time, (7) If you don't have a established address,resident address should be inside the base, (8) Plan ahead to avoid a conflicts or doubts by going too early to Japan,..(send your application to the military language school and get the letter of enrollment now if possible and a letter of military sponsorship if possible)...etc. And if you can get the enrollment & sponsor letter visa can be had in the state.

Good luck,

by stanfordgal rate this post as useful

reply to this thread