Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Good Japanese restaurants in Singapore 2009/10/31 13:09
Singapore
There are Japanese restaurants in Singapore but I don't know which ones are good. If anyone has recommendations for any Japanese restaurant in Singapore, please suggest!
by foomarks  

.. 2009/11/1 03:19
If it's ramen Ajisen will be your best bet, but it will still pale in comparison to the ramen from the ramen stalls in Japan. If it's sushi, dont bother. Even the "sushi" in top hotels are nothing compared to the sushi in Tsukiji
by Shiroi Koibito rate this post as useful

Other recommendations? 2009/11/2 06:56
Thanks Shiroi! I already figured out that I need to stay away from sushi here! How about Soba or Japanse rice+egg+fish breakfast dishes? There must be a hotel here that caters to this taste?
by foomarks rate this post as useful

. 2009/11/2 16:56
As for Japanese style breakfast you won't be able to find anything like that in a hotel.
Most of them tend to have international buffet, which may have rice (but not short grain but long grain rice which is different from japanese rice)

Ajisen is really bad if you are talking about ramen. No offense meant :(
Most ramen and japanese food places in the major shopping malls tend to be bad in my opinion

Osho Gyoza at Cuppage in Orchard road is pretty good. Both the Gyoza and the ramen. Plus they do serve chahan and Wafu chinese food.

For udon and soba, for cheap options would be Liang Court basement area, just in front of Meidi-ya supermarket.

If you don't mind spending a little extra, Ikoi at Mirama Hotel serves a nice and decent Japanese ala carte buffet.

There are also nice small Japanese eateries in Robertson Quay area.
by Amelia (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2009/11/2 20:10
Thank you Amelia!
by foomarks rate this post as useful

Value for Money Japanese Makan in Spore 2009/11/2 22:13
Hi. A few places for good, family value for money Japanese food.
1) Soba : Shimbashi Soba, basement of Paragon Shopping Centre
2) Akashi rest, Vivocity basement, near Giant supermart.
3) Tampopo for super ramen (queue always long): popular for Kurobuta Ramen. This is at Liang Court, first floor.
4) Ichiban Boshi ( flagship store) for great variety: Great World City basement.
5) Waraku Restaurant: branch at East Coast Park - near Burger King.
by gingkocs rate this post as useful

5 Star Cafe 2009/11/3 07:12
What do you think about 5 Star Cafe in Tokyo? I was thinking of going to the one in Nakameguro. There's a bigger one in Shinagawa. Is it good? How do you like its hainan chicken?
by Kato (guest) rate this post as useful

Good Japanese Restaurant in Singapore 2009/11/3 13:04
To be objective, Tampopo is good. Price is afforadable too. I am a ramen lover, so this place have good ramen, even by Japanese standards.
by Earthborne rate this post as useful

Good Japanese Restaurant in Singapore 2009/11/21 17:52
I second Tampopo at Liang Court. Their ramen is the best I've had in Singapore.

There is also Ootoya that has opened in the new shopping centre - Orchard Central (opp Centrepoint). Standard Very Good!!
by pinkiedink rate this post as useful

Authentic japanese food in singapore 2009/11/21 18:36
1) Shinryoku Yakitori Restuarant, 8 Purvis Street,#01-01 Talib Court, to find out more: http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/shinryoku_yakitori_restaurant/

2) Nanbantei Japanese Restaurant, 14 Scotts Road, Far East Plaza, #05-132, to find out more: http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/nanbantei_japanese_restaurant/

3) Ken's ramen house, Orchard Plaza, #01-17/18 to find out more: http://charlinary.wordpress.com/2006/10/11/ken-ramen-house/
by Joey (guest) rate this post as useful

for ramen 2009/12/22 00:05
santouka ramen at the central @ clarke quay is really good. it's a chain restaurant from Japan and is always filled with Japanese businessmen!
by thedimholtroad (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread