Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Dressing code 2009/10/31 20:15
I have a business trip to Japan to a high tech company. I was wondering what is the dressing code for women in such companies.
by saritGalanos  

... 2009/11/1 13:04
I don't know in what position you are going, and whether you are holding business meetings (contract negotiation, etc.) or getting to work in their work places, or receiving any training, but still the comments here might come in handy as general statements:
http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+20268

Also, when you say ''high tech,'' do you mean software development/programming kind of, or computer and other hardware manufacturer type of company? If it's software development, then people tend to dress very casually (including jeans) . But as a visitor, I would still recommend being on the conversative side
by AK rate this post as useful

Always Dress Conservatively 2009/11/1 15:30
My father is a high tech executive and he strongly recommend - for a initial meeting you dress conservatively since executive are judged on merits.
by stanfordgal rate this post as useful

more information 2009/11/1 18:14
Thanks.
Some more information: I work is a software company that develops software product to a very big and successful Japanese company that does both software and hardware. I work in the development side and my trip is to close the details regarding the software. what do you think?
by saritGalanos rate this post as useful

Better to be over-dressed 2009/11/2 09:40
If you are not sure, it is always best to be over-dressed than under-dressed!
by Billyboy24 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread