Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakkoryu under different names ? 2009/11/1 12:04
Are there any schools of Hakkoryu Jujutsu in Tokyo and Kyoto that would allow a non member of the Hakkoryu Jujutsu Hombu to visit and train for a week or so ?
Can I expect all Hakkoryu schools in Japan to be under the Hakkoryu Hombu and Nidai soke Okuyama or are there schools teaching the art under different names ?

Thanks for any info.

Barry
U.S.A.
by Barry E. Southam (guest)  

Hakkoryu.com 2009/11/1 15:54
In 'www.hakkoryu.jp'
there's no description about foreign visitors and trainers.

So you'd better contact through the page below.
http://www.hakkoryu.com/contact.php
by zooey (guest) rate this post as useful

Hakkoryu 2009/11/2 07:27
Thank you for answering. The website you posted is the Hakkoryu Hombu website and to the best of my knowledge you must be a member to train at any of their schools.
I thought their might be Hakkoryu practitioners in Japan who have left the Hombu organization and still teach Hakkoryu under the same name or another, and might allow visitors.
I might be mistaken other than one called ''Kokodo'' headed by Irie Shihan (former right hand man to the founder of Hakkoryu ).
Thanks again
by Barry E. Southam (guest) rate this post as useful

You Need A Letter 2009/11/2 08:37
The Hakkoryu So Hombu Dojo in Saitama City, Saitama Prefecture is a private Dojo used primarily for the training of Disciples for/with the title of Menkyo Shihan or above. Letters of introduction by Hakkoryu Shihan in good standing must precede any visit to the Hakkoryu So Hombu Dojo. In all cases, arrangements for such visits must be made well in advance. Those without such prior arrangements and documentation shall be turned away.
by stanfordgal rate this post as useful

Hakkoryu 2009/11/2 11:07
Thank you for your reply. I know about the Hakkoryu Hombu. Are there any Hakkoryu schools in Japan that have LEFT the Hombu and stand on there own who allow visitors ?
Sensei who may of left Hombu after the founder passed away or have been asked to leave but still have a Hakkoryu dojo even if it's under a different name ?
I know I cannot train at Hombu or any Hombu affiliated dojo since my rank isn't with Hombu.I may have to just train in the USA under one of several ex Hombu shihans.
Thanks for the replies concerning the subject.
Barry
by Barry E. Southam (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread