Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

English speaking nail salons (calgel) 2009/11/2 08:39
Does anyone know/recommend any english speaking nail salons in Tokyo that do Calgel? I know of the expat places like Boudoir but to my knowledge they don't do calgel.

Nailbee has an english website but does anyone know if the staff speaks some english and at which salons?
http://www.nailbee.com/e/index.html
by Kris (guest)  

Nailbee 2009/11/13 06:56
I went to Nailbee when I was in Tokyo for a week - as it was the only English speaking nail place I could find online. They did a mediocre job and charged $99 for very basic calgel. This is overpriced. There are many nailplaces nearby that area that do a much better job but do not speak very much English - only problem is that you will need to make an appointment ahead of time. I would suggest walking around your first week, finding a place you like, making an appointment and bringing lots of pictures of what you'd like them to do. Hope this helps!
by Jackie (guest) rate this post as useful

Uodate 2009/11/16 20:43
Just an update incase anyone else is looking for a calgel salon.

After asking around I was told of this place:
http://homepage.mac.com/skis.air/pinky/index.html

I went today, you can't tell from the website but she does speak (pretty good) english. I would highly recommend it and will be going back. I think it's just the one girl working there and seems to run it out of her (very nice) apartment. So its much more private than a lot of salons here and you get to relax in a massage chair and watch dvds on a really nice TV. I much prefer the private salon setting because my manicurist in the states is also a private salon. The nail work is also top notch and the prices are pretty much the same as everywhere else.
by Kris (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread