Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to buy Goose in Japan 2009/11/4 15:53
Hello, I am currently living in Fukuoka and I would like to prepare a goose during cristmas by myself. Can you give me an idea of where to buy a goose (prefarably frozen) near Fukuoka or where to order it? I know already about themeatguy.jp but they do not deliver goose (only duck and turkey, etc.)

thank you very much in advance!

Marcus
by liwicki  

.... 2009/11/6 16:23
Maybe, just maybe, you could find it at National Supermarket in Azabu, Tokyo. But I wouldn't have too high expectaion since I hardly ever saw goose in Calif. supermarkets.
by ..... (guest) rate this post as useful

looks like if they only have duck 2009/11/6 18:45
Thank you for your answer - on the web-page they sell chicken and duck. But maybe it is impossible to get goose here. If anyone has another idea, please tell me.

Best regards,

Marcus
by liwicki rate this post as useful

chinatown 2009/11/7 03:52
ask around in chinatown in yokohama, someone there will definitely know where to get one and there will probably even be a market that sells them. be prepared for the probable high cost.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

oops 2009/11/7 03:53
sorry i just realized you're in fukuoka. well, see if you can search for some yokohama chinatown markets that might sell online.

kobe also has a reputation for food importers, try looking for kobe merchants too.
by winterwolf rate this post as useful

foie gras 2009/11/7 16:49
It might be easier to just roast a turkey with foie gras stuffing. Both are easy to find at upscale supermarkets.
by Kato (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread