Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

tax return without bank account? 2009/11/5 02:45
I was working at Japan last year, and now,I realized that I can get my tax refund. Unfortunately, I closed all my back account before leaving Japan.

I wonder whether there is another way to get my tax refund?

Thanks!
by wanzi  

tax refund 2009/11/5 09:55
If you mean the tax refund that is related to pension refunds then yes, it is possible, but it requires that you know someone in Japan who can go to the tax office for you and be appointed your tax representative. Did you already receive your pension refund?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

tax refund -follow up question 2009/11/5 09:59
Thanks! I do know some friends in Japan. Could you please let me know the detailed procedure? Thanks in advance!
by wanzi rate this post as useful

pension refund 2009/11/5 10:10
Did you apply for your pension refund yet and if not do you still have your blue pension book?

tax refund - follow up 2 2009/11/5 10:57
Thanks for your reply. I am not sure what is blue pension fund book is. However, I am trying to fill in the tax return form from http://www.nta.go.jp/tetsuzuki/shinkoku/shotoku/yoshiki01/shinkokusho/...
‘A
One of my co-works who has the exact situation with me filled in this form and got his tax back. But he has his back account in Japan. The difficulty for me is that I don't have any bank account in Japan so that I don't know how to get my refund back.

Thanks!!

tax 2009/11/5 12:43
Actually, I'm not sure what to do in your situation. Perhaps you could appoint your coworker as your tax representative and have him help you out. Of course that means you'd have to trust him to forward the refund to you once it is deposited in his account. I found this form to do this online:

http://www.gunmajet.net/files/Tax%20Representative%20Form%20%28Pension...

about tax representative 2009/11/5 23:58
thank you so much! I appreciate your help greatly! So that means I can have any person as my tax representative no matter whether he/she is a professional one or not, right?

about tax representative 2 2009/11/6 00:01
And Does the tax representative need to residence in Japan? I hope I can have my co-worker as my tax representative, but he is in US now.

Thanks a lot!

reply to this thread