Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Flea Market in Kyoto/Osaka 2009/11/7 15:24
I'll be in Osaka and Kyoto between Nov 26 till Dec 1.

I'm just wondering if they'll be any flea market activities going on around these dates.

Any ideas anyone?
by essential  

flea market 2009/11/9 15:48
Any flea market info, anyone?
by essential rate this post as useful

... 2009/11/9 22:59
Unfortunately famous flea markets tend to be held at 21st day of every month. Famous flea markets, Toji temple in Kyoto and Shitennoji temple in Osaka, are held at this day. It's the day of the great teacher monk Kobo Daishi.
Another famous flea market, Kitano Tenmangu shrine in Kyoto, is held at 25th day.

I couldn't find other flea market though I had searched on web.
I wish someone know it.
by jtomi (guest) rate this post as useful

.. 2009/11/10 00:01
I've searched again on web and have found this flea market. But I don't know detail at all because I've not visited there ever. (It might be small market and I wonder if antiques are sold.)
http://omosiro1.com/ichi/ichi-28.htm

The web site says it will be held at 28th day of every month in Rokusonno shrine located at 15 minutes walk toward west from Kyoto station.
by jtomi (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks 2009/11/18 18:02
Thanks jtomi. Sorry for the late reply.

I really appreciate you searching that for me. Since that's the only one, I 'll check that out when I'm there.
by essential rate this post as useful

reply to this thread