Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

How to push further in going to Japan? 2009/11/12 18:30
Okay, so. - I've just graduated from College around 2 years ago, and I've been fascinated with Japan ever since I can remember and have always wanted to move there. Now.. that I'm out of school and am 20, I want to know how to continue that, other then learning the language that is. Is there an exchange program for people who're not in school and simply want to go for a few months and experience it? without having to pay a crap load of money to do it?
by Senritsu Tsukaro  

vacation 2009/11/12 19:10
Yes, it's called taking a vacation, but you do have to spend a crap load of money. You get what you pay for.

Otherwise, you could go to Little Japan in L.A., California or Japan Town in S.F.

by Kato (guest) rate this post as useful

Traveling ata lower cost 2009/11/13 01:00
Not sure how much a "crap load" of money is for you?? If you can find a reasonable round trip air fare, don't mind staying at youth hostels or inexpensive ryokan, can organize an itinerary and research the various rail passes available, eat simply, you can stay in Japan for a couple of months and not spend an arm and a leg. Learning a bit of Japanese will definitely help you, just the basics will give you self confidence and enable the simplest conversations ("where is the toilet"?) to go smoothly.
Someone else here may be able to provide limited home stay information for you.
by Stevenjv (guest) rate this post as useful

WWOOF 2009/11/13 08:14
Farms, restaurants, lodges, and various other entities will provide room and board for you in exchange for working a few hours a day.

Check out this website:

http://www.wwoofjapan.com/main/index.php?lang=en
by Norm Median rate this post as useful

reply to this thread