Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Dangerous? 2009/11/12 20:13
Ive been working at this company for 6 months in Shibuya and I usually take a smoke break twice a day. Just an hour ago while I was standing outside, another foreigner came up to me said hello and put his cell phone to my ear. The conversation began in Japanese. I thought at first that he wanted me to translate or something. I was already weirded out by this guy but what the guy on the phone was telling me didnt make much sense. He stared questioning me about what I do and when I work. He then proceeded to say that its dangerous because of the cops. My Japanese isnt that great but he started saying something about a fighting and cops. That part I couldnt catch. He never explained why when I asked. My visa status is fine so whats the problem I asked. He said that doesnt matter and just went on about how I shouldnt be outside and its dangerous `cause of the cops. wth. I wish I had of questioned the foreigner before he walked off. Hella strange. I doubt this has happened to any of you but thought I should ask.

Another note is when I first went out for a smoke break, I walked through the near by neighborhood while smoking. I noticed there was a guy who seemed like he was following me. It was dark so I couldnt see his face. When I stopped at the usually place I smoke, he stopped at a distance. After about 5-10min went by, the foreigner comes from the other direction with his phone. When he walked off, I noticed his silhouette was similar to the guy who seemed like he was following me.

Has anything strange like this happened to you guys? Been here for 2 years, and that is the strangest thing that has happened to me.
by rahlay  

no smoking 2009/11/12 21:04
Rahlay,

I'm not sure what's going on, but one thing I can tell you is that there is a by-law in Shibuya-ku that basically prohibits smoking in the streets.
http://www.city.shibuya.tokyo.jp/city/opinion/kankyo_machi/kankyo/rojo...
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

なるほど 2009/11/12 22:41
Thanks for the tip. I noticed others smoking on the streets around here so I figured it was ok. The police box is only 3 buildings down from the workplace too! Well, maybe it was the smoking but the way I was approached was so shady...
by rahlay rate this post as useful

reply to this thread