Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

University for postgraduate 2009/11/14 07:08
Hi everyone! I work in a bank in my hometown for more then 4 years. My speciality is finance and banking in foreign affairs. I was graduated as a bachelor in far 2006 ^_^ and now I'm thinking about getting something more then just bachelor degree but mostly because I would like to learn economy a little bit deeper. I would like to study in Japan for many reasons I won't explain now, but I made my choice (concerning studying in Japan) and now I'm a little bit worried about Uni, programme and grant for study. Maybe someone faced the same problem and can suggest something or point to a web-site where I could get information... Thanks.
by seitokun  

Not Logical... 2009/11/14 20:06
Do you have the necessary ties to Japan, and are you fluent (without the need for a dictionary) in Japanese language? How fluent are you in English or other language you have mentioned? Do you have the savings for the next 2 to 3 years in Japan.I realize you have the affinity toward Japan but a person that has worked in the banking business should be better prepared - whatever your rational for wanting to attend Japan university for MBA isn't sound at all.

In your thread you also mentioned your interests in the international finances,... Japan MBA is valuable only to the Japanese companies but is not the MBA that open the global doors - nor does the Japanese companies pay much as the European or the American companies for MBA's.

I can't understand why your employer does not offer the educational loans that can help with your tuition and books. With the loans granted to me from my employer I was able to secure 2 master degrees, MBA & MPA (full time graduate school with a part time work). There is no such loans that you are dreaming about - that will pay for your living expenses and the cost of your educations in Japan.

Alternatively I recommend these options: Enroll in the MBA school in your native country - work for the Japanese company in Belarus and ask for a transfer to Japan, or
enroll in other European MBA program and work for European companies with interests in Japan.
by stanfordgal rate this post as useful

Sophia 2009/11/14 20:35
Sophia University has an MBA program that's associated with Canada's McGill Uni. Or you could try Temple Univ. of Japan.
by Kato (guest) rate this post as useful

Universities 2009/11/14 20:45
Sounds interesting! ありがとう!
I found web-sites of these two universities in the Internet so I'll take a closer look for each one. Thanks again ^_^
by seitokun rate this post as useful

reply to this thread