Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

nishi kawaguchi, saitama area 2009/11/17 02:34
Ohayo,

I'm european and have spent a few weeks in Nishi Kawaguchi area for travelling purpose a few months ago.

A lot of japaneses I've been talking with told me that this area is known for being unsafe.
I was feeling very safe there. I've spent a lot of time outside at night, when I was going back to my appartment and nothing hapenned.

Yes, there are pachinko parlors, prostitutes , salary men seeking for sex, and a few homeless people near from the station, but I really don't see what was dangerous. Those people havn't been annoying when I was walking to go to the train station.

I read on the web that a few years ago, the area was crowded by sex bars and that kind of things that the authorities have made close.

Can you explain me the background of this area, and why it's still linked with unsafety ?

(I'm self-conscious that the fact that I'm living in a country that doesn't have the same safety level as Japan: less safe, can partially explain the fact that I'm finding it strange that Nishi Kawaguchi is told to be a dangerous place.)

Thank you !
by Marsu  

nishi kawaguchi 2009/11/17 10:31
Nishi kawaguchi is famous for being a red light district so thats one reason.Also being a red light district i would think the Yakuza and the like are involved.
by LB (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread