Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

unpaid bills 2009/11/18 20:29
long time ago i was married to japanese, not mentioning all of the broblems he caused to me, one still bothers me. without my permission and knowledge he went to city hall, took mine juminhyo, which is same as Alien Card-cerifying my name and address, and took about 3 mobile phones in total, signing my name. now we dont live with eachother, we are divorced, but i still have debt in phone company in japan. i cannot pay it, it's about 7.000 dollars and i don't work. now i'm about to marry my fiancee, i need a criminal record from my previous japanese city hall, will i be recorded? are they looking for me? can i go back to japan to take my things without problems?
please, any advise?
by shiny (guest)  

Very difficult to understand............ 2009/11/20 04:08
Let me see what your story is -
-- Previously you lived in Japan.
-- Someone used your Alien Card to apply for and/or did purchase several telephone.
-- You are not presently living in Japan.
-- Now you want to go to Japan.
-- Japan Embassy want you to submit a background checks,.. your criminal record from which country? (home country or Japan)

Now I have to assume -
-- Are you marrying a Japanese and are you planning to live with your husband in Japan?
-- Unpaid bills are a civil issues, not a criminal issue. However, if unpaid bill is due to falsifications, that is a crime - but the crime was committed by another person correct? You should have communicated with the telephone company long time ago, but you seem to have ignored it.
-- Never too late to make a HONEST EFFORT to make a restitution.
-- Advice is for you to contact the company, and start making the payments
-- Then, apply for a spousal visa.
by stanfordgal rate this post as useful

... 2009/11/20 16:53
It's just a civil issue (I am not making light of it, though), so it's unlikely to appear anywhere on your criminal record. Your name will be blacklisted by the mobile phone company, that *should* be all.

In addition, if you can show (by the dates in your passport, for example) that you were away from Japan on the day when your ex-husband signed up for the phones, or show that it was not you (by showing that the signature on the contract is different from yours - in the first place, he signed them up in a woman's name himself?), you might even be able to show that it was not you, and thus not have to pay for the bills.
by AK rate this post as useful

sorry for a messy post 2009/11/20 18:25
yeah:
-i lived in japan
-used not alien card but paper which certifies same as Alien Card
-i am not living in japan now
-i don't have to come back to japan, but i still have some stuff there, i would like to take it back (it has nothing to do with my fiancee)
-i need criminal record from the country i've been living for past 10years, and lasted more than 1yr, which in this case was: japan.

summing up, there are two things connected to japan right now
1. visiting (short term)
- here i was worried if i will be let into country
2. taking CR by embassy
-here was worried if i am a criminal or something

AK, well, in that phone comp. i was sitting next to him, he did all the talking to staff lady, and simply signed it writing my name. so even if i check security camera, i simply WAS THERE.

i thought it is little strange, but that time i was afraid to say something. it is difficult to describe but, i had nothing to say in that relationship, any time i had a different point of view and was trying to say somethin he said i'm "urusai" which mean "keep yourself quiet". and when i needed his help (in calling somewhere or look for something for me) he simply said "dame" which is "no"
please dont forget it is not easy to live in country which is completely different from yours, you dont speak their lg and where the only person you know and trust is your husband. so i'm happy to be out of this relationship, i got over it and moved on, now when i found the person i trully trust, subject of japan came out again, and with this i reminded myself thise case with phones.

about the phones: i never even saw them, he went to this place by himself after 1hour or something. later after maybe 6 months i started to getting post cards from phone company, i asked what is it and he said "i doesn't matter" and threw it out by himself. those post cards aren't casual post cards, they open like stickes or patches, i didn't know that before, and i was curious what and from is this so some thay my friend advised to open it and only thing i understood was a big amount of money in the postcard adressed to me.
by shiny (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread