Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reach back japan without my gf 2009/11/24 11:40
Hi! my situation is as simple as complicated
To make it not too long and quiet easy to understand, let it go this way: I used to live in Tokyo 20Yrs ago, just loved it! used to go to school on the am,5 days out of a week for a year, and then to work with no appropriate visa the 2nd year..finally got back home wich is ''Noumea'' capital of a Frenchy Pacific Island down south Pac. and abroad many other places round our planet..anyhow, got involved inna cool love affair that ended up as what seems my very near ''kekkon'' or wedding with the rightest person. so far everythings are fine only, my future wife does really wish us to live in New Caledonia, and I'd nearly kill to get back and live in Japan!!! Does any one out there has ever happened to have to deal with such sort of situation? in case yes please provide your thoughts, ideas, stories asap!!! much appreciated!
see ya and kyo tsukete!
by shirohito  

spouse visa 2009/11/24 11:53
If I understand your question correctly, you are currently in New Caledonia, and want to marry your Japanese girlfriend and move back to Japan. You have a few options. First, get married outside of Japan, apply for a spouse visa, and then move to Japan when it is approved. Second, apply for a tourist visa to Japan, marry inside of Japan, then apply for a change of status of residency to a spouse visa, if approved continue living in Japan. The latter seems like it would get you into Japan faster, however I'm not sure the time involved for either method. Optionally, you could get married outside of Japan, then apply for a tourist visa, enter Japan and then apply for a change of status of residence to a spouse visa, but this would probably result in more paperwork and jumping through hoops than either method mentioned above.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

... 2009/11/24 12:01
I'm not sure what your question is - if you get married either outside or inside Japan, if you get leagally married, you can live together in Japan (some paperwork required of course). I assume it's the same in your country.

Whether you want to live in Japan or in New Caledonia, that's something you simply have to talk it over with your bride-to-be.

But since you ask "Reach back Japan without my gf," even if you get married, if your girlfriend does not live with you in Japan, you will not be able to live in Japan either (you will need to get a guarantor letter from her, and also need to submit her resident paper when you apply for the spouse visa). The spouse visa is to enable the married couple to live together in Japan.

Good luck with everything. And please do not work without any appropriate visa, by the way.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread