Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Offline degree vs Online degree? 2009/11/29 10:12
Hello everone. I hope I'm not asking a stupid question. But I already have like 3 years of college under my belt. But I don't have time to go to a physical college. I'm employed full time. I know that I would still have to work hard though. But is an online degree from an accredited college, including the brick and mortar stuff, good enough for a work visa? Thanks.
by bishoujo kitty  

. 2009/11/29 12:05
Most online degrees from brick and mortar colleges are just regular degrees, eg they don't print "online degree" on it, if you got a degree from them it is the same degree as students who came to actual class. Again as long as it is an accrediated university and you finished your courses there, you should be ok. Just make sure it is really an accrediated university and not a "degree mill".
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

Not From The Online Mills... 2009/11/29 18:15
bishoujo kitty,

Why do you ask?

Many online colleges can easily get accredited from the national and/or state source, but credits from the online may not be accepted by the brick & mortar colleges.

If you are thinking about the grad school, please verify with the brick & mortar university before applying - If you are planning to work in Japan, you want the degree for easily recognizable online institution like these 5 online colleges www.online-college-blog.com/...online.../online-degree-ut-smu-baylor-byu/ -
but not many in Japan have heard these online schools and may question degree from these
www.online-education.net/texas_schools.html -

Therefore, if possible switch to 1 of 5.
by stanfordgal rate this post as useful

ummm 2009/11/30 14:19
I was asking about an online degree from an actual physical college. Not one that is just online. So when I have an interview, they would know that it is legit.
by bishoujo kitty rate this post as useful

. 2009/11/30 14:29
if it is courses from an actual college, and the degree is issued by the actual college, then nothing on your degree will say "online" it will be the standard degree all the regular students get as well.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks ExpressTrain 2009/12/2 14:27
That's what I wanted to know. :)
by bishoujo kitty rate this post as useful

reply to this thread