Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Advice on my decision 2009/11/29 10:16
Hi Im Chris age 21 in the UK I wish to live in japan and to study manga when I am there I am rite now self teaching japanese for my second holiday there and hope to continue learning till I am fluent. I wanted to ask for any advice on what to do to help achieve my life goal. I have attempted to attend college to study art and graphic design but with work being demanding and needed to help my family I have had to stop would it be better to get my qualifications before going or is there a way to study art in japan before studying manga with my younger brothers now being able to help aswell as myself I feel that I can finally make decisions that I have been wanting to make for a long time any advice is appreciated thank you :)
by wayman  

Do your best! 2009/11/30 13:42
Hi there!

I think it's better you take degree in your home country. You are native english speaker so as a language teacher you could find work here, but without professional skill there's no other job. Why I say this? Here's the life is really expensive, for everything you have to pay so without work you can't live.
What also you have to know generaly the japanese people crazy about native english speakers. Inside of that there's a rank:
USA, Australia, UK and so on. About looking... The typical "gai-jin" (mean foreigner) image is bright hair with blue eyes. If you don't have them you could have some difficulties.
Why i say like this, because I meet with this everyday. Still you wanna come?
Any way I suggest to you come here to see the fact of Japan. I had similar dream as you "I wanted to live in Japan", but they crush my dream with in 3 mounth. I'm not native english speaker and not there typical "gai-jin". Now I'm thinking to move to the UK.
Anyway I'm still here for a while if you have any question drop me a mail. ichio988@yahoo.co.uk
And don't give up your dreams!!! Just ready for the most worst...
by ichio rate this post as useful

reply to this thread