Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Contact lens prescription price quote 2009/12/1 23:29
Tokyo 23-ku
I've been quoted 10,000Yen for a contact lens prescription in Tokyo (first place I went in to). I'm staying in Japan longer than expected and have run out of contact lenses. Is this the going rate for a non-resident examination in Japan? I was expecting something in the region of 2-5000Yen as back home in the UK.

It seems a lot to pay considering I'm only after a 2 week supply :-( and that the prescription probably won't be valid in the UK
by cubehopper  

Shouldn't be that expencive 2009/12/2 14:07
10,000 Yen does sound to expensive. Usually you have to have some kind of examination befor you get a prescription. I also don't have insurance and usually pay around 3,000 Yen. Then you can get the contact lenses. I spend about 2,000 Yen per eye for one day contacts.
Maybe they told you the total price?
Ask around, there must be some cheaper place. Good luck!
by sunsui rate this post as useful

Answer 2009/12/17 01:24
In case anyone else is in the same predicament I got a month's supply of contact lenses for 3500Yen from an opticians store in Akihabara which had some English speaking staff. It's by the Central Gate entrance to the JR station and is a large 5 or 6 storey shop.
by cubehopper rate this post as useful

reply to this thread