Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Other jobs for gaijin? 2009/12/28 16:56
I want to spend some time living in Japan after college, and I want to have a career that isn't about teaching English.

I don't have anything against the job. In fact, I'll probably start off teaching English to get a start in Japan. I don't want to limit my living / work experience to just teaching though.

Are there any other jobs in Japan that require or want gaijin? I'm Korean so I don't particularly stand out in a crowd of Asians. I speak English at the native level, and I speak Korean fairly well. I'm in my 4th year of Spanish, and I'm trying to learn Japanese at home, though I don't have much time because of school.

Also, what will I have to major in college for that particular career? (referring to the original question)
by MusicalMeme  

What 2009/12/28 19:01
What is it you're currently studying and what is it that you want to do?

If you're only going to be there for a short-term, any job other than teaching English makes little sense for both you but more importantly, the employer in Japan. I think you just need to sit back and ask yourself: what skill or special talent would I bring to an employer that they wouldn't be able to get from a Japanese person. To be completely honest, I can't really think of many attributes, especially one just graduating from school with little or no job experience.
by Bean (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread