Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

IT jobs in Japan 2009/12/31 05:21
Does any one have any experience with IT jobs in Japan? I am a Software Engineer with almost 3 years experience and one of the things I want to try out is working in Japan for a few years. But how easy is it to get a job in the IT sector as a foreigner? I have been studying Japanese for a few years now (first an evening course, now with a Japanese teacher), so my level is still quiet basic, but I am really committed at getting better. So does any one have any experience with working in Japan as a software developer? The best way to get a job is probably just by moving to Japan in the first place, but are there maybe recruitment websites or organizations that are specialized in looking for suitable foreign candidate for IT jobs in Japan?

Thanks in advance!
by svb  

Not A Wise Idea 2009/12/31 16:04
Are you now employed by 'google'- Microsoft - Cap Gemini - SAP - Fujitsu or other top tier corporation in Belgium? Perhaps you may have won several distinguish awards or you are internationally recognized developer, ARE YOU? And is your Japanese at the native level? If you aren't, your chance is very slim to none, since there are too many unemployed developers in Japan.

If I were thinking about moving to Japan I would find a Japanese company in Europe, and wait for my chance for intra-company transfer to Japan. Naturally, if you must, you can visit Japan beforehand as a tourist and get a taste of Japan.
by stanfordgal rate this post as useful

reply to this thread