Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo shopping 2009/12/31 19:49
Hi!
I'm currently planning a trip to Tokyo, and I'm wondering if its expensive to go shopping there.
I wouldn't be going to H&M, Forever21 or Louis V., but to the local department stores and local shops.

I would be probably buying souvenirs, stationary, maybe a kimono, and other fun things, but very few clothes....
Basically whatever any 17 year old teen would shop in Tokyo (again ignoring clothes).

What are the areas in Tokyo where I can find a lot of local stores in??

Thank you~
by Nessie17  

shop 2010/1/1 13:24
Tokyo is basically wall-to-wall shopping, so you can shop til you drop. Recommend starting with Shibuya and Harajuku.
by Kato (guest) rate this post as useful

shopping 2010/1/1 20:45
You better learn about Kimonos...formal kimonos cost anything from US $ 5000 to 25000 and up PLUS accessories..
Anyway...check the map of the JR Yamanote loop line ( a train going around most neighbourhoods) at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Yamanote.png
then find out on the internet about various shopping areas like Shinjuku, Shibuya, Harajuku, Ginza (the stop is Yurakucho), Ikebukuro etc. etc. though each stop as shops...lot of them...but don't expect bargains...
by Ref frog (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread