Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

What do I need to do to move to Japan? 2010/1/3 07:11
ok,umm,i have already posted up a question about what I need in order to move to japan,and I realize that i may not have put in enough information,nor specified my questions and situation.
well,first off,I am a 15 year old high school student of hispanic desent.I live in texas,USA,an hour or two from the Mexican border (specifically,I live in Pharr,near McAllen).So far,I have had very good marks in school and never broken the rules,nor do I intend to until I have to break away from my parents when I go to Japan since they really don't want me to go to Japan.I am able to adapt to a new life,since I have had to do that several times before,and I believe that I would be good in working as whatever is given to me.As for the language,I take Japanese classes during the summer,and I have all the basics down already,I just don't know very many words and I can't read all that many kanji,but I am working on that!
I am very very very much determined to move to Japan as early as I possibly can,which does mean that I might just find a job and leave instead of going to college,although I have already taken college math classes as part of my high school curriculum (College Algebra).
As for my parents,they think just straight out that I'm stupid for wanting to go to Japan,and that I will most likely not make it if I were to go.They simply want me to be a doctor and live a humdrum life,and I will simply not do that.I just hate this place.I don't care if I have to work in a sushi shop for the rest of my life,I just have to get out of here.However,I'm not really sure if I'd tough it out on my own,and fight against my mother to leave,but once it happens,she can't say no,and that's what I'm working by.
As for money,I'm the youngest in the family,which although it means that I'm the most protected,it also means that I'm the most spoiled.^^; If I ask for money,I'd be given money,but only in $200 amounts at a time.But I know that I'll have enough money for my own plane ticket when the time comes for me to leave.

And that pretty much says what my situation is.Also,I might graduate from school next year,instead of in two years,since my credits are almost completed.

Now,my questions are,first of all,does anyone think this is a good idea,or that I really should think this over?
Truthfully,I just want to leave this place...I guess you could say I'm running away from my parents...well...from my mother.If anyone has a better plan for me to leave,please tell me.

Second,does anyone know where I might be able to find a family that will be able to take me in in Japan until I manage to settel in on my own?I'd do housework and as soon as I can find a job,I'd pay them rent.I'd do anything to make myself as useful as possible.

Thirdly,what are some good job options?I can pretty much do anything,within reason,and I learn pretty quickly,so any advice is good.

Domo arigatougozaimasu to everyone and anyone that reads this and is able to give me a response.I really appreciate all the help.
by SORAcake  

Go search 2010/1/3 10:56
Go search and read some previous threads that have been posted in this forum. They will answer most of the questions you just asked.
by Ralph (guest) rate this post as useful

FAQ 2010/1/3 10:57
SORAcake,

Questions like yours have been asked and answered repeatedly in this forum, so I suggest you sit down and read through the forum archives first. Just to sum up your options, you could enquire about a homestay exchange program which would let you live and study in Japan for a few weeks or months to get a taste of what life is really like, or you could wait until you have graduated from university and move to Japan to live and work.
I'm afraid it is not possible to just move to Japan and look for work if you don't have a university degree.
Alternatively, you could get a part-time job and save up enough money to take a (sightseeing) trip to Japan to see what it is like.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/1/3 13:24
Find a Japanese guy to marry. That's about the only way for you to come to Japan at 18 years old to work as a housekeeper.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Wait first! 2010/1/17 09:52
You need to slow down a little bit. First do what your parents want to you to do and get that medical degree, THEN move to Japan. One of the first reasons I say this is because Japan will not be a cheap place to live, and, while you think you would be fine with anywhere but here, you wouldn't want to be barely scraping by in another country.

Furthermore, you have to have an advanced skill to get citizenship in Japan. Look at the Japanese immigration laws--they're very strict. You have to prove that you will forward Japan in some way. Pretty much, the laws ask 'What can you do for us?'. A Sushi shop wouldn't be allowed to hire you if there was someone else who could fill the spot who was Japanese.
by Skyler (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread