Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how to get my kosekitohon 2010/1/8 21:02
I just wanted to know how to get my kosekitohon
if im not in japan... because im a japanese citizen but my passport has been expired for 8 years. and now im planning to go back in japan again but their asking for my kosekitohon. Is their any possible way to get my kosekitohon?
by kharen  

Koseki 2010/1/9 11:49
A helpful site: http://memorva.jp/school/life/app_register.php

The information is from back in 2006 but I doubt much has changed in regards to the process of getting a copy of your koseki. If I were you, I'd call the office in which your family is registered and ask them exactly what the process is from overseas. As for when I got my Japanese passport, I had my father pick it up while he was there on business and bring it back.
by Bean (guest) rate this post as useful

HOW TO 2010/1/9 18:00
I do not understand why you need the kosekitohon if you still have your expired passport,.. Japan Consulate can confirm that you are a Japanese citizen by verifying with the Ministry in Tokyo.

If you do not have the expired passport, koesekitohon from the local ward or city that your Japanese father/or/mother registry document is kept.

How to get a copy of Koseki -
- You have to complete the application form written in Japanese.- Application must be completed in Japanese or RomajI
- Copy of (official) Philippine I.D. with your photo
- International postal money order = to 450 Yen for each copy (1)
- Return pre-paid postal envelope with the international postal COUPON

And lots of patience....
by stanfordgal rate this post as useful

reply to this thread