Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Reg Intracompany-transferee & re-entry 2010/1/10 16:37
Hi
I have got an Category E visa (intracompany-transferee) visa and it expires on Dec 2010.

After working for 2 years in Japan, now Im back in my home country. I want to quit my current employer and come to japan and find a job.
I have 12 years of IT experience and know japanese.
Is it possible for me to use my existing visa (which is Category E/intracomapny-transferee) or do I need to change it to an Engineer visa and then re-enter Japan?

Kindly suggest me if you have any details on this.

Thanks

AK
by KrisAnanth  

need a job first 2010/1/10 18:28
You cannot change your visa status unless you have an employer to sponsor that change. You can come back to Japan and look for work, and when you have a new job start the change of status application from inside Japan. If you find an employer from outside Japan, then you may be able to apply for a change of status at your nearest Japanese Embassy/Consulate.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Reentry Permit 2010/1/10 18:41
Did you get the reentry permit leaving Japan? If you didn't then must restart anew or visit as a tourist.
by stanfordgal rate this post as useful

reply to this thread