Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shopping in Kanazawa? 2010/1/16 14:02
I'm am going on a student exchange to Japan for one year and I have been placed in Kanazawa, Ishikawa. I'm wondering if there is any good shopping in the city or neighboring areas.

I really love the style/shopping in Tokyo and the bigger cities, but Kanazawa doesn't seem to have that kind of thing. It seem to be all more cultural stuff.

Don't get me wrong I think its an awesome place, but I was kinda hoping I'd be nearer to Tokyo for all the fashion/shopping XD (plus Im kinda more of a city girl). So if there is any areas like that, plz let me know.

thx^^
by TokyoChick (guest)  

... 2010/1/16 14:37
Kanazawa is a large city of half a million inhabitants with a sizeable downtown area and its share of shops, malls and department stores. It is obviously nowhere on the same scale as Tokyo or Osaka. If you compare it with Tokyo, it compares to one of the medium sized shopping district of Tokyo. Not quite as big as Shinjuku or Shibuya, but bigger than Shinagawa (in terms of shopping).
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread